Friday, August 1, 2008

bored outta my mind on a Friday afternoon

its that time of the day and week, where I look at the clock on my computer longingly for it to turn 5pm. unfortunately, I'm at least 1.5 hours away from that...but I'm glad the weekend is here and lo & behold, its August already.

that means Summer is ending and school's starting. I'm actually looking forward to school, its my last semester and I'm cramming in as many classes as one physically can whilst trying to pursue an internship with a decent company who will eventually hire me once I've graduated. I really do like school - I wish it would never end. time really does fly, it seemed like only yesterday that I moved in Manhattan and now, I'm nearly done and the impending pressure to find a job in this city looms over me.

August arriving also signals my usual trip back home to see the family and enjoy home-cooked meals, cuddles with my dog and more home-cooked meals at other family friends' homes. the only thing I'm not looking forward to this month, is J moving back to Boston. its gonna be a lonely but busy 4 months...boo.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy what's left of Summer and the blissful company of a significant other in the same city as much as I possibly can. There's still so much to do and so little time & money!


Remaining list of things to do in the Summer:
  • Row a boat in the lake of Central Park
  • Go to Central Park
  • Visit the Museum of Natural History (which is in Central Park)
  • Shopping day trip at Woodbury Commons (this was originally scheduled for this weekend but was postphoned until further notice due to new vacation plans in November)
  • the New York Waterfalls installation via Circle Line Downtown
  • Watch a musical on Broadway(we're doing that tonight!! YAY!)

No comments: