Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Year's Resolution?

I'm not one for New Year Resolutions and I realise it is the middle of January but ever since I purchased my 1st tube of red lipstick, I have since enjoyed wearing my new found lip shade. As mentioned before, I've always been a lipgloss kinda girl - its easy, its effortless, it also reminds me of high school. Then there's lipstick, which I've stayed away from because I've always thought it to be for older women. My grandmother wore it, my mom wears it, those ladies who lunch wear it. I have countless memories of watching my mother get ready in her dressing room and her rows and rows of lipsticks in various shades, all neatly sitting in the those plastic organizers on her vanity table. Corals, reds, pinks, burgundy, plums - lipsticks of every shade, brand and degree of wear. So very 80s. So very grown up. Which is why I've never bought them for myself.

These were the things not meant for little girls like me. But now, I am older, much older than when I was watching my mom get ready in her dressing room and I think I should be entitled to feel like a woman every once in a while, despite acting like a child high on sugar most of the time. And did I mention, I love my new red lipstick look? So just a few days ago, while out with Dad, I picked up another shade of lipstick in Rose Lustre to add my collection of 2 tubes.

No comments: