Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009. It's a New Year and I've been inspired by several blogs to recall the year that has past. Like all years that have gone by, there were highlights and lowlights.

Great times, good times & not-so-ok times.

It's been filled with lots of travel thanks to obliging family & a globetrotting significant other.

There have been hot, hot summers and very cold, snowy winters.

I've also had 3 glorious months of enjoying the company of my better half being in the same city.

There were sleepless nights, restless nights and long summer nights.

There was road trips, weekend getaways and spring breaks.

I've graduated from my post-graduate program with far better grades than I'd ever received in undergrad and understood that the power of passion makes doing what you love so much easier.

I've also learnt the importance of love, family and spending quality time.

That good friends are hard to find and I appreciate all the wonderful ones I've made in my new home of New York.

I've toasted the town, stumbled into bed and woken up next to the man who hasn't tired of me after 2 years and loves me for who I am.

I am grateful for 2008 and I look forward to a better, brighter 2009.

Happy New Year Everyone! I wish you all Love, Life & Laughter (as quoted by my dear cousin's tri-colored ring)

No comments: