Thursday, March 6, 2008

i love my iphone...BUT

...never have i owned a gadget where if something goes wrong, my heart literally stops and my life is at a stand still. i suppose it is quite appalling that much of my life depends on this little gadget. my contacts, my music, my email, my weather report, my google maps...what would i do without you? how i did i function without email and internet at my fingertips? ...sad but true, i've become one of those people - who fail to function efficiently without their phone/blackberry/computer/laptop.

my parents have discovered this ever since they got me my 1st laptop about 3 years ago. i instantly became mobile with my internet in my very own home - which meant they actually saw me hanging around the living room rather than me hiding in my room on my desktop. the next addition to my gadget addiction: my digital camera - which i never left home without. which eventually led to my purchase of my 1st SLR camera. Of course, when it came to cellphones, I've been a loyal Nokia fan since day 1 - there was no question everytime an upgrade was needed, that i'd pick the next coolest Nokia phone on the market. Note: the cellphones i owned may have looked cool, but their functions never strayed more than phone capabilities, built-in cameras and mp3 functions i never used.

but my move to the US, made way for a whole new type of cellphone dependency. my dad had purchase an iPhone on a whim when it was first released - only to realise he couldn't use it in Canada. so when the time came for me to move south, he proudly handed me the new gadget in its sealed, sleek, black box and said "here, you can use this". he had found a purpose for his little investment he made months earlier. i was skeptical. i've seen how cool this gadget was but never really thought myself to be one of those who would use it. it seemed like it was too much machine for me...and i was so wrong! it was easy to use and a guiding light in my misadventures to Chinatown and SoHo.

so dependent i've become on my little iPhone that now, i cannot imagine a phone without email and internet! and it doesn't help that the iPhone's interface is gorgeous. i can never go back to regular cellphones - not unless those Nokias have email and internet capabilites. and i've done my research - Nokia does have their little rip-off version of the iPhone in case, i ever feel i've betrayed my brand loyalty :P i am sucha a geek, it is so not funny.

No comments: